Friday, June 18, 2010

My First Blog!

Wow, I never imagined I would be writing a blog. I'm not sure what to say, but I've started and hope I can find a way to use this as a learning and growing experience.

I will be going to Red Bird Mission in Kentucky on June 27. I will try to post about it when I get there. I've been there three times in the past and each trip has been extraordinary. Helping others does so much more for me then I could ever do for them.

I started going on mission trips about 7 years ago and I have been to Kentucky, Honduras, Mexico, Guatemala and Cuba. And if there is one thing all of these places have in common, it's that no matter where you go, there are wonderful people to meet! All anybody wants is a chance. A chance to have enough to eat, clean water to drink, and be able to support themselves and their families. I have learned how little you really need to survive.

I came home from my first trip over seas and I sat down and cried. I looked at all the STUFF I had, useless stuff basically when you look at it in terms as what do I really need to survive. I have decided that I want to live a simpler life.

Today I make it known that I will get rid of the stuff I don't use. I will blog about it as I go. If you have any ideas of where to dispose of stuff, please let me know. I know the usual places (Goodwill, my church, friends). But if you know of a need, let me know. I'll see what I have and what I can give to help.

Meema (PAGranny1953)

No comments:

Post a Comment